Sequans Communications S.A. introduced that its second-generation LTE Cat 1 chip platform, Calliope 2, will probably be unveiled at CES 2021. Designed to be cost-effective assist of IoT purposes, it permits VoLTE and an information charge switch larger than 100 kilobits per second that can’t be supported by LTE-M or NB-IoT applied sciences.
Sequans Calliope 2 know-how has enabled the widespread deployment of Cat 1 for IoT. These embrace:
- Larger integration that has lowered the Cat 1 module value nearer to the extent of LTE-M module value nearer to the extent of LTE-M module value.
- Considerably improved energy consumption, in each lively and low energy modes, reducing the ability profile near the LTE-M energy profile, and thereby extending the battery lifetime of Cat 1 IoT gadgets.
The quickly launched know-how is 5G-ready, and its consumer utility software program and interfaces are appropriate with Sequans Monarch 2 LTE-M/NB-IoT platform.
Calliope 2 Function Highlights:
- 3GPP Launch 15
- As much as 10 Mbps DL, and 5 Mbps UL
- Interface contains USB 2.0, 4xHS-UART, SPI, PCM/12S
- Superior low energy options eDRX and PSM with all-time low
- Complete VoLTE voice engine together with HD-quality Voice (EVS)
- Baseband, RF, energy administration, and reminiscence built-in into one chip platform.
- Appropriate with Sequans Monarch 2 LTE-M/NB-IoT platform for simple migration amongst Cat 1, Cat M, Cat NB1/NB2
- EAL5+ safety for iSIM
- Streaming audio
Sequans pioneered Cat 1 know-how for IoT and has at all times acknowledged its worth. We’re the one mobile IoT chipmaker; with a strategic product roadmap for Cat 1, and we’ve got designed our Calliope 2 platform to be scalable; and in sync with the sunsetting of 2G and 3G networks, thereby answering a key business demand at simply the fitting time. There are actual and priceless alternatives in Cat 1 for IoT, complementing LTE-M/NB-IoT; and Calliope 2 is the perfect place to begin.
– Commercial –