If you are or your loved one has been injured or killed in an accident with an 18 wheeler, an 18 wheeler accident lawyer can offer you amazing consultation with one of the nation’s leading truck accident lawyers. Law firms, namely 18-wheeled commercial vehicles, are committed to assisting victims of all kinds of truck crashes and injuries.
Like you, they spent years arguing against trucking firms and winning lawsuits for truck accident victims. The 18 wheeler accident lawyer has the expertise and tools to take on these businesses that can help you when you need it most.
Each year, accidents involving 18-wheeled trucks hurt more than 90,000 people. Also, every 16 minutes, a person is killed or injured in a truck crash. Devastating large truck collisions are on the rise for the last decade, as the trucking sector continues to advocate for loose safety regulations.
Why Should You Hire an 18 wheeler accident lawyer:
One of the first tasks for your 18 wheeler accident lawyer is to find and work out what factors and behaviors resulted in a crash. There are various causes for such crashes. This includes:
- Overloaded Vehicles
- Impaired Driving Under the Influence of Drugs or Alcohol
- Fatigued Driving
- Inclement Weather Such as Snow, Rain, Hail, or Fog
- Failure to Perform Required Inspections and Maintenance
- Speeding, Especially Around Sharp Curves
- Tire Blowouts
To find out the exact reason, the best 18 wheeler accident lawyers work with the best experts and perform a thorough investigation.
18-Wheelers Are Dangerous. Why?
- Carry Heavy Loads: An 18-wheel truck weighs 80,000 pounds, which is around 400 tons, in a completely loaded condition. The average car is 2,700 pounds, which’s just above a ton, to put that figure in context. When 18-wheel trucks crash with other motor-vehicles, severe injuries, incredible collateral damage, along unfortunate tragic deaths caused by their huge weight.
- Are the largest Vehicles on the Road: 18-wheelers could have a length of up to 176 feet. This implies that any 18-wheel truck traveling on the highway adjacent to you is larger than half a football field. This is more than 10 times the average car’s length. As they traverse sharp curves in the road, the enormous size makes it hard for drivers to protect themselves from accidents.
- Require much time and space to start and stop: The amount of time taken to slow down or completely stop for an 18-wheeler is around 40 percent greater than the time a car takes. It also requires more time to start them again.
- Have Huge Blind Spots: One more point that leads to more risks is that 18-wheelers lack a rear window. They have enormous blind spots. , Therefore, 18-wheeler truckers must depend on their rearview mirrors in order to see what is following them.